All organizational subscribed members of Scott Memorial Library.
- Any organization may purchase an annual membership. The annual fee for organizational use of the Library is $2500. The membership entitles up to two employees of the organization to receive the Library privileges outlined below. Photo ID Cards for additional employees are available at the discounted rate of $400 per card.
- The membership year begins on the date of receipt of payment. No refunds will be granted once the membership application has been signed and the fee paid.
- Organizational Member cards are the property of Thomas Jefferson University. They do not entitle the holder to other services within the University and must be surrendered upon the request of Scott Library staff.
- If the card is lost or stolen, you may purchase a replacement for $15.
- If an original card holder leaves the employ of the Member during the membership period, or if the Member wishes to change a designated employee, Jefferson will provide a new identification card for a $15 fee.
- Upon termination of membership, the Library card must be returned to Jefferson.
Access to Scott Memorial Library: Access during regularly scheduled hours. Present your valid Jefferson photo ID to the Security Officer at the first floor entrance.
Register for Library Services: Contact the Library’s administrative offices to request an organizational membership. A letter will be mailed with a membership invoice. Return the invoice with payment and a confirmation of payment will be recorded at the Library’s 2nd floor Service Desk.
Designated organizational employees may then go to the 2nd floor Service Desk Window and present their organizational IDs. They will receive a letter to take to the Jefferson Photo ID Center, where a Jefferson photo ID card will be issued for an annual cost of $15.
Present your Jefferson ID Card whenever requesting services.
Renew your registration annually.
- Use of the Library’s public computers and study space: Permitted with complimentary one-day Guest Pass available by presenting Jefferson photo ID card at the 2nd floor Service Desk. All computers include access to the Internet and MS Office Software.
- Access to the Library group and individual study rooms: Not permitted.
- Access to the Library and Jeff Alumni Hall Computer Labs and Classrooms: Not permitted.
- Use of licensed content (databases, electronic books, electronic journals, teaching materials): Access to IP-based electronic resources is available on the Library’s public computers.
- Borrowing privileges for Library print materials: Full privileges. Please see our borrowing policies.
- Inter-Library Loan service (ILL) for articles and books NOT OWNED by Scott Memorial Library: Not permitted.
- Document Delivery Scanning Service: Library staff will scan journal articles from the Library’s print collection. Requests are $20.00 each and must be submitted online. Orders are filled within 24 hours, Monday - Friday, and PDFs are delivered electronically through ILLiad. See the Document Delivery policies and FAQs for more information.
- Reserve materials and biomedical models: Available for use in the Library by presenting Scott Memorial Library card at 2nd floor Service Desk.
Services provided by the Academic Commons:
- Photocopy and laser printing: Ten cents ($0.10) per standard black & white page; twenty-five cents ($0.25 for color prints). See the printing and copying policies for details.
- Databases searches by an Information Services Librarian: Not permitted.
- The Academic Commons conducts training sessions on the use of Library databases and research support technologies. These are subject to availability and no show fees may apply. See topics and details.
- The Academic Commons also provides slides, photography, artwork and other biomedical communication support services. See price list for fees.
- Present your valid Jefferson photo ID whenever requesting Library services.
- Report lost or stolen ID cards to Jefferson’s photo ID center immediately. You may purchase a replacement card for $15.
- Follow all Library and University policies. Failure to comply with policies may result in loss of Library privileges and removal from the Library.
- Follow Food and Beverage Policy.
- Computer use must comply with the University’s Electronic Communication Policy and student email policies.
For any questions regarding membership services or privileges, please contact:
Roderick MacNeil, Deputy University Librarian
Scott Memorial Library
Thomas Jefferson University
1020 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107