Volunteers at TJUH
All volunteers who serve TJUH via the Patient Services department.
Access to Scott Memorial Library: Access during regularly scheduled hours. Present your valid Jefferson photo ID to the Security Officer at the first floor entrance.
Register for Library Services: Register for Library services at the 2nd floor Service Desk Window by presenting your temporary Jefferson photo ID to receive a one-day computer Guest Pass.
If you leave the building during the day, you must show your Jefferson temporary ID to the Security Officer to reenter.
- Use of the Library’s public computers and study space: Permitted with complimentary one-day Guest Pass available by presenting Jefferson photo ID card at the 2nd floor Service Desk. All computers include access to the Internet and MS Office Software.
- Access to the Library group and individual study rooms: Not permitted.
- Access to the Library and Jeff Alumni Hall Computer Labs and Classrooms: Not permitted.
- Use of licensed content (databases, electronic books, electronic journals, teaching materials): Access to IP-based electronic resources is available on the Library’s public computers. Off-campus access is not available unless the user has a Jefferson Campus Key.
- Borrowing privileges for Library print materials: Not permitted.
- Inter-Library Loan service (ILL) for articles and books NOT OWNED by Scott Memorial Library: Not permitted.
- Document Delivery Scanning Service: Not permitted.
- Reserve materials and biomedical models: Available for use in the Library by presenting valid Jefferson photo ID at 2nd floor Service Desk.
Services provided by the Academic Commons:
- Photocopy and laser printing: Ten cents ($0.10) per standard black & white page; twenty-five cents ($0.25 for color prints). See the printing and copying policies for details.
- Databases searches by an Information Services Librarian: Not permitted.
- The Academic Commons conducts training sessions on the use of Library databases and research support technologies. These are subject to availability and no show fees may apply. See topics and details.
- The Academic Commons also provides slides, photography, artwork and other biomedical communication support services. See price list for fees.
- Present your valid Jefferson ID whenever requesting Library services.
- Report lost or stolen ID to Jefferson Security and the Photo ID Center immediately. You are responsible for all materials charged to your Jefferson ID prior to reporting a loss. The Center will charge a $15. fee to replace a lost ID.
- Follow all Library and University policies. Failure to comply with policies may result in loss of Library privileges and removal from the Library.
- Follow Food and Beverage Policy.
- Follow Service and Emotional Support Animals Policy.
- Computer use must comply with the University’s Electronic Communication Policy and student email policies.
For any questions regarding membership services or privileges, please contact:
Beth Ten Have, Director of Operations, Scott Memorial Library
Scott Memorial Library
Thomas Jefferson University
1020 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107