iPad Lending & Support
Scott Library has iPads available for Jefferson students, faculty, staff, and visiting researchers to borrow for up to 3 weeks (with one renewal of an additional 3 weeks if there is no one waiting for an iPad). We offer an assortment of devices, from iPad 2s to iPad Air 2s, all running the latest iOS update. Check catalog for availability.
A Jefferson photo ID is required to sign out an iPad, and you will be required to sign an agreement stating that you understand the policies listed below:
- A $10.00 per day late fine will be placed on your account after the due date.
- You are responsible for loss and for any hardware or software damage to the iPad. You agree to replace a lost, damaged, or stolen iPad, or pay for replacement at a rate determined by the Library using fair market value.
- All Jefferson employees must protect electronic devices that contain sensitive business data, student information, and patient information, as outlined in the following policies:
- The iPad must be returned to a staff member at the Service Desk and you must wait while it is assessed during check-in.
In order to protect confidential data according to the above policies, both the iPad and iTunes on your computer must be password-protected. See: iPad Data Security for Jeffersonians: Password Protecting iPad Access and Securing Data. When you return the iPad, your password ensures we will never see any information you enter or use.
Loan period: 3 weeks
Overdue fine: $10/per day
iPad Accessories & Study Aids (available from the Scott 2nd floor Service Desk or the JAH LRC for use onsite)
- Wireless keyboards
- Connecting cables for group study monitors (On the 2nd floor of Scott there are large monitors in all of the group study rooms.)
- Battery charger