Access to Electronic Resources: Limited to:
- Thomas Jefferson University faculty, students and staff
- Jefferson Hospitals: TJUH, JHN and Methodist clinicians and staff
- Jefferson residents, postdocs and fellows
Access to Scott Memorial Library (SML): Access during regularly scheduled hours. Present your valid Jefferson photo ID to the Security Officer at the first floor entrance.
- Use of the SML’s public computers and study space: Login with Jefferson campus key (assigned by IS&T). All computers include access to the Internet and MS Office Software.
- Access to the Library group and individual study rooms: Available to students only. Requires registration at the 2nd floor Service Desk. Group room reservations
- Access to the Library and Jeff Alumni Hall Computer Labs and Classrooms: Full privileges. List of facilities
- Use of licensed content (databases, electronic books, electronic journals, teaching materials): Full access to all materials. Off-campus access requires authentication with your Jefferson campus key.
- Borrowing privileges for Library print materials: Full privileges. Please see our borrowing policies.
- Inter-Library Loan service (ILL) for articles and books NOT OWNED by Jefferson Libraries: 20 free items per year (August-July). Additional orders may be placed for a $5.00 fee per item. See our loan policies and request forms.
- Document Delivery Scanning Service: As a courtesy, Library staff will scan journal articles from the Library’s print collection. Requests must be submitted online. Orders are filled within 24 hours, Monday - Friday, and PDFs are delivered electronically through ILLiad.
- Reserve materials and biomedical models: Available for use in the Library by presenting valid Jefferson photo ID at 2nd floor Service Desk.
Services provided by the Academic Commons:
- Photocopy and laser printing: Ten cents ($0.10) per standard black & white page; twenty-five cents ($0.25 for color prints). See the printing and copying policies for details.
- Databases searches by an Information Services Librarian: Available for $50 per topic, plus any applicable online fees, for up to 25 topics per year except for student coursework.
Scott Memorial Library has access to hundreds of databases on a wide range of scholarly and popular topics. For more information or to request a search, contact an Information Services Librarian at 215-503-6994, AskaLibrarian@jefferson.edu, or use the online search request form.
- The Academic Commons conducts training sessions on the use of Library databases and research support technologies. These are subject to availability and no show fees may apply. See topics and details.
- The Academic Commons also provides slides, photography, artwork and other biomedical communication support services. See price list for fees.
- Present your valid Jefferson ID whenever requesting Library services.
- Report lost or stolen ID to Jefferson Security and the Photo ID Center immediately. You are responsible for all materials charged to your Jefferson ID prior to reporting a loss. The Photo ID Center will charge a $15. fee to replace a lost ID.
- Follow all Library and University policies. Failure to comply with policies may result in loss of Library privileges and removal from the Library.
- Follow Food and Beverage Policy.
- Follow Service and Emotional Support Animals Policy.
- Computer use must comply with the University’s Electronic Communication Policy and student email policies.
For any questions regarding membership services or privileges, please contact:
Beth Ten Have, Director of Operations, Scott Memorial Library
Scott Memorial Library
Thomas Jefferson University
1020 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107