All alumni of Thomas Jefferson University and medical staff who completed their residency or fellowship at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Access to Scott Memorial Library (SML): Free access during regularly scheduled hours. Before visiting the library for the first time as an alum, visit the Jefferson Photo ID Center in the Jefferson Bookstore (1009 Chestnut Street) to obtain an Alumni ID. After obtaining your Alumni ID, present the ID to the Security Officer in the lobby of Scott Memorial Library to enter the building.
Register for Library Services: Register for Library services at the 2nd floor Service Desk by presenting your Jefferson Alumni ID.
Present your Jefferson Alumni ID whenever requesting services.
TJU Alumni ID cards can be printed within your alumni community. Register or sign in to your alumni community and click Alumni Benefits to print your card. For assistance, please contact:
- JMC Alumni Association: 215-955-7751
- JGSBS, JSHP, JSN, JSP, and JSPH Alumni Associations: 215-955-6929
- Use of the SML’s public computers and study space: Permitted with complimentary one-day Guest Pass available by presenting Jefferson photo ID card at the 2nd floor Service Desk. All computers include access to the Internet and MS Office Software.
- Access to the Library group and individual study rooms: Not permitted.
- Access to the Library and Jeff Alumni Hall Computer Labs and Classrooms: Not permitted.
- Use of licensed content (databases, electronic books, electronic journals, teaching materials): Access to IP-based electronic resources is available on the Library’s public computers.
- Borrowing privileges for Library print materials: Not permitted.
- Inter-Library Loan service (ILL) for articles and books NOT OWNED by Jefferson Libraries: Not permitted.
- Document Delivery Scanning Service: Library staff will scan journal articles from the Library’s print collection. Requests are $5.00 each and must be submitted online. Orders are filled within 24 hours, Monday - Friday, and PDFs are delivered electronically through ILLiad. See the Document Delivery policies and FAQs for more information.
- Reserve materials and biomedical models: Available for use in the Library by presenting valid Jefferson photo ID at 2nd floor Service Desk.
Services provided by the Academic Commons:
- Photocopy and laser printing: Ten cents ($0.10) per standard black & white page; twenty-five cents ($0.25 for color prints). See the printing and copying policies for details.
- Databases searches by an Information Services Librarian: Available for $60 per topic, plus any applicable online fees, for up to 25 topics per year.
Scott Memorial Library has access to hundreds of databases on a wide range of scholarly and popular topics. For more information or to request a search, contact an Information Services Librarian at 215-503-6994, AskaLibrarian@jefferson.edu, or use the online search request form.
- The Academic Commons conducts training sessions on the use of Library databases and research support technologies. These are subject to availability and no show fees may apply. See topics and details.
- The Academic Commons also provides slides, photography, artwork and other biomedical communication support services. See price list for fees.
- Present your valid Jefferson ID whenever requesting Library services.
- Report lost or stolen ID to Jefferson Security and the Photo ID Center immediately. You are responsible for all materials charged to your Jefferson ID prior to reporting a loss. The Photo ID Center will charge a $15. fee to replace a lost ID.
- Follow all Library and University policies. Failure to comply with policies may result in loss of Library privileges and removal from the Library.
- Follow Food and Beverage Policy.
- Follow Service and Emotional Support Animals Policy.
- Computer use must comply with the University’s Electronic Communication Policy and student email policies.
For any questions regarding membership services or privileges, please contact:
Beth Ten Have, Director of Operations, Scott Memorial Library
Scott Memorial Library
Thomas Jefferson University
1020 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107