The following databases are available to all Abington-Jefferson Health residents and staff:
CINAHL with Full Text
Nursing and allied health research database with full-text for more than 1,350 journals and coverage dating back to 1937. Nursing literature search.
Over 480 skills from leading reference works in nursing. Learning materials are presented in multiple formats - textbook chapters, quick checklists, multimedia, diagrams, supply lists, and tests.
Provides access to over 500 journals and 1,000 eBooks from Elsevier. Includes practice guidelines, patient education handouts in English and Spanish, drug monographs, images and videos. Registering for a personal account is required before downloading eBook chapters.
ClinicalKey for Nursing
Provides access to nearly 70 books, 50+ journals, and Mosby's Evidence-Based Nursing monographs. Includes drug monographs, Procedures Consult, nursing scales, clinical updates, core measures, practice guidelines, labs, and nursing educator topic searches.
The Cochrane Library consists of the following databases:
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR). Full-text articles of peer-reviewed systematic reviews edited by a Cochrane Review Group.
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE). Abstracts of published systematic reviews that have been quality-assessed in subjects for which a Cochrane review may not yet exist. Each abstract includes a summary of the review together with a critical commentary about the overall quality.
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL). Controlled trial studies from the published journal literature and other sources. Many of the records come from MEDLINE and EMBASE.
- Cochrane Methodology Register (CMR). Bibliography of publications that report on methods used in the conduct of controlled trials. Includes journal articles, books, and conference proceedings, and the content is sourced from MEDLINE and hand searches.
- Health Technology Assessment Database (HTA). Ongoing and completed health technology assessments (studies of the medical, social, ethical, and economic implications of healthcare interventions).
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database (EED). Economic evaluations from around the world along with quality appraisals.
DynaMed is a clinical decision support tool that combines the highest quality evidence-based information, expert guidance, and a user-friendly, personalized experience to deliver accurate answers fast at the point of care. Visit our DynaMed Guide for details on how to access DynaMed, FAQs, and on-demand videos.
Use the Full-Text@Abington link when searching Google Scholar to connect to articles available through Abington's journal subscriptions.
Hale's Medication and Mother's Milk
Drug reference detailing the transfer of various medications into human milk. Includes data on more than 1,300 drugs, syndromes, vaccines, herbals, and other substances.
Health Business Elite
Full-text journals covering hospital management, hospital administration, marketing, human resources, computer technology, facilities management and insurance. 570+ journals including Harvard Business Review (available back to 1922).
Drug information database. Includes AHFS DI.
Ovid's interface for searching MEDLINE. Coverage back to 1946.
An online data and mapping application with 15,000 indicators related to health, demographics, income/spending, housing, lending, quality of life, economy, education, jobs, crime, and education.
NLM's interface for searching MEDLINE. Coverage back to 1946.