Grammarly benefits you in three ways when you upload documents to this handy editing tool. First, it allows you to check for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors. Second, it reports any noticeable error patterns so you can learn not to make them. Finally, if you turn the plagiarism feature on, you can see any part of the document that reads too much like another found in the Grammarly database of “16 billion web pages and ProQuest’s databases.”
Who Can Sign Up:
All Jefferson students, faculty, and staff with jefferson.edu email accounts can sign up for the premium version (or upgrade to it from the free version).
To Create Your Account:
- Go to https://www.grammarly.com/enterprise/signup
- Provide your name, @jefferson.edu or @students.jefferson.edu email, and set up a password.
- Check your inbox for the email and click on the activation link.
- Didn’t receive the confirmation email? Check your spam folder (and any email filters you’ve set up) to make sure the message isn’t being directed away from your email inbox. If you cannot find the confirmation email after checking your spam folder, try adding firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list, then send yourself a confirmation email again.
To Migrate an Existing Account to Jefferson:
- Go to https://www.grammarly.com/signin and log in to your existing account.
- Go to Account Settings and update the email to your Jefferson address, either @jefferson.edu or @students.jefferson.edu.
- Check your inbox for an email and click on the verification link.
- Go to https://www.grammarly.com/enterprise/signin, click Log in, and enter your login credentials.
- Check the inbox for a confirmation email, and follow the link in the email to verify the account. You’ll now be upgraded to a premium account.
To Disassociate an Account from Jefferson:
If you are leaving Jefferson and would like to continue using your Grammarly account (either the free version or upgrading to premium through another method), contact AskaLibrarian.
Download the Apps:
To make sure you get the most out of Grammarly, we have some additional helpful features for Microsoft Word, Internet browsers, emails, and the desktop! All components can be downloaded from https://app.grammarly.com/apps.
How to Use It:
- Log into Grammarly.
- On the home page, click on the “New” box.
- Upload a document to review.
- Turn on the plagiarism feature if you want it.
- Make changes you agree with.
- Save your document.