Grammarly benefits you in three ways when you upload documents to this handy editing tool. First, it allows you to check for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors. Second, it reports any noticeable error patterns so you can learn not to make them. Finally, if you turn the plagiarism feature on, you can see any part of the document that reads too much like another found in the Grammarly database of “16 billion web pages and ProQuest’s databases.”
Who can sign up
All Jefferson students, faculty, and staff with jefferson.edu email accounts can sign up for the premium version (or upgrade to it from the free version).
How to sign up
- Go to https://library.jefferson.edu/tech/grammarly (requires a university login if off campus).
- Follow the instructions on the next screen.
- Sign up for a Grammarly account using your Jefferson email address.
How to use it
- Log into Grammarly.
- On the home page, click on the “New” box.
- Upload a document to review.
- Turn on the plagiarism feature if you want it.
- Make changes you agree with.
- Save your document.