This July we say farewell to AISR and hello to the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL). Our new mission is to inspire and support you to deliver your best content in the classroom, online, or at a conference. Our new organizational structure will make it easier for you to produce the instructional materials you want and to make sure you are well prepared and confident in your delivery, whatever medium you choose to use. The Center for Teaching and Learning will be led by Dr. Anthony Frisby and its services will support the educational, professional, and creative goals of Jefferson faculty, staff, and students.
The first changes you will see are in the JEFFLINE website. It will soon reflect the new One Jefferson style. Later this summer we will transition the site into distinct Scott Memorial Library and Center for Teaching and Learning sites, to clarify our missions and to help you navigate our services more efficiently.
Though not all of our staff are located in the same building yet, we are working on that. In early September we will host an open house where you can meet some of our new team members and see the proposed design plans for the Scott building.
At the CTL open house, our staff will be available to talk with faculty and students who want to:
- create illustrations for use in their courses, anatomical illustrations or other graphics.
- learn how to produce short video segments to replace the traditional lecture (flipped classroom ideas).
- learn about NearPod, the new audience response tool used with the iPad.
- learn how ExamSoft, is used on the iPad by students and what reports it can generate.
- see a demo, or learn more about, iCE (interactive Curriculum Experience).
- discuss their ideas for creating an iBook, or other course content, using the new iCE platform.
- meet the medical editor/writer supporting publication efforts by faculty, staff, and students.
- meet the new public speaking coach.
- get a closer look at the possible floor plans for the CTL/Scott Building renovations.